Christian Marriage Answers - Help Me Save my Relationship

For a donation of any amount, get The Myths and Mysteries of Marriage in simple pdf. to read on your Adobe reader as a token of our appreciation.


A good marriage is the union of two good forgivers. -- Ruth Bell Graham

"Why so many Christian marriages fail" is something many of us have wondered about. And when Christian husbands and wives resent each other, they are troubled. Wives and husbands do not want to resent their mate.

Especially when they can see that their partner is a decent person--not perfect, of course--but basically a good guy or a good gal .

Let me begin by saying that the key to happiness, peace of mind, and better relations is to let go of resentment and judgment. As I've said many times: it is our resentment that hurts us more than what another has done to us.

What is the number one reason Christian marriages fail?

Some say it is because of arguing over money, some say infidelity, and some say sexual incompatibility.

But there are deeper reasons. One has to do with what blocks love: resentment. The other has to do with lack of understanding.

If I had to pick one, I would pick resentment. . . . . .

Resentment is the handmaiden of selfishness. And selfishness is the evidence of pride. Yes, we are all fallen ("we have all fallen short," said Paul ), but we can't use this as an excuse. Life is a school. And marriage is a framework in which to work out our differences and learn to be unselfish. As one very wise counselor asked: "Are you getting better or getting bitter?" We should be getting better.

The amazing thing is that Christianity does have the answers, but we Christians sometimes just don't take note of the "little" emotion of resentment and how it affects our relationships.

Over the years I have listened to Christian radio every day. I am interested in religion and love hearing what the Christian preachers, speakers and counselors have to say. I also read a lot on the topics of Christianity, marriage, and family.

In 30 years of listening to Christian radio (and secular radio), and daily reading of books, magazines, and online, I have only heard 3 people (other than myself) really focus on resentment and talk about it in a meaningful way. Others just talk about it in passing or totally ignore it. (If you want to know who these three people are, send me an email).

Yet giving up resentment is the key to relating properly to others, especially our partners and kids.

I am hoping to make husbands, wives, pastors, marriage ministers, and Christian counselors aware of the often overlooked factor of resentment.

Why do we argue? How can I be more forgiving? Does divorce affect the kids? Can I save my marriage? My wife cheated on me-now what? My husband annoys me. Can we reconcile?

Now his advice for couples is crystallized in this unique look at relationships. Roland talks about the “how” of loving, forgiving, and reconciling. He will help you understand how resentment blocks love, and how to become unblocked.

Roland even explains how the ancient story of Adam and Eve is still repeated in homes today. This book is for anyone interested in relationships, why they get in trouble, and how to repair them

To preview and purchase in eBook to download to your computer or mobile device, click here

Link

For a donation of any amount, get The Myths and Mysteries of Marriage in simple pdf. to read on your Adobe reader as a token of our appreciation.






Popular Posts