Online Talk to a Pastor Site Offers Educational Resources and Low or No Cost Talk or Email

Los Angeles, CA November 27, 2010 (For Immediate Release). Pastor announces new online talk to a pastor site. He states: "I see a need for an online way of contacting a pastor. This Talk to a Pastor site lets you email the pastor, or even talk to him from the comfort of your home without having to travel across town. "

"It's very user friendly and convenient. Since I use LivePerson, a community of online helpers, you don't even have to reveal who you are. I don't know who you are but I can answer your sincere question. So it's a win win situation. "

Dr. Roland Trujillo, an ordained nondenominational minister, is excited about the new service, but says its success will depend on whether people respond or not. Many people have been turned off to religion because they have been pressured to join something or adopt some doctrine. Others have sincere questions, but want to remain anonymous and don't want to get involved with some group.

"I think my service may be helpful, because you don't have to join and you can remain anonymous to me."

When asked how it works, Dr. Trujillo said, "I am using LivePerson, a community of online helpers. LivePerson provides the email, chat and telephone service, and serves as a neutral provider. This means that I don't have to deal with logistics. All I have to do is receive an email from someone anonymously through LivePerson, and then I respond to it."

"LivePerson does charge something for their service, but I have set the charge as low as I possible can," says Dr. Trujillo. "Fortunately, LivePerson gives me some latitude as far as what the charge is. For example, I made it a suggested amount of $5 to receive a detailed email response from me. When a person has a question, they go to LivePerson and ask the question. They also can say what they can afford. They don't have to pay anything to ask the question.

If it is a question I can answer, I propose an amount and send the answer. Only if they agree to get the answer, will they pay the small charge."

"The best part is that I have the freedom to make the charge small or even zero if they honestly can't afford anything."

When asked what the biggest obstacle to overcome, Dr. Trujillo says "there are two. First is weeding out the frivolous or practical joke questions. That's why I use LivePerson, which does the screening."

"The second issue has to do with the charge. Some people immediately judge me because of the small charge (which I often make little or zero). They transfer their resentment toward some authority (with whom they have had bad experiences) to me. "

Dr. Trujillo says: "They forget that almost all ministers have a church from which they get a salary. Priests get free food and housing. Even missionaries get support from the home church or get food items from people they help. Since I have no church and don't belong to an organization, I get nothing."

I don't begrudge ministers getting a livable wage. A doctor helps people in pain and he gets paid. A dentist helps people and he or she gets paid. The laborer is worthy of his hire, St. Paul said.

All I'm saying is that if they judge me, they are judging me without a cause, since I get nothing and give almost everything away (and will answer a question for free if the person honestly cannot afford anything)."

When asked whether he has any other resources available, Dr. Trujillo says: "Yes, maybe this is the best part. Through the portal of Talk to a Pastor, the visitor can access dozens of free audio sermons, scores of blogposts and articles, a free meditation, and even some of my books to read free online."

Dr. Trujillo says he is realistic and will wait and see how it goes. But "at least I'm trying he says."
.
Talk to a Pastor Online can be accessed at http//talktoapastoronline.blogspot.com.

Popular Posts